McAfee is known for it’s flawlessly operating system and provides one of the best antiviruses available in the market today. We all need antivirus software to protect our computer from any form of viruses but a lot of people often find it difficult to install on their window 10. This can be daunting and frustrating but we have all the solutions you need to get it fixed. Read on as we take you through the best way to McAfee Antivirus won’t install on your Windows 10.
Why does your McAfee Antivirus won’t install on Windows 10?
There are many reasons why the McAfee antivirus won’t install on your Windows 10. This includes:
- It may be possible that you might not be able to install McAfee software due to a virus possibly infected your computer device.
- If you see that your computer has been already infected with some virus and malware then you might be prevented from installing any security software.
How to Fix McAfee Installation Problem on Windows 10
When there is a virus in your software, it is very difficult to install McAfee antivirus won’t install on your computer device and you need to find solutions to the problems and follow all the instructions given. Here are the possible solutions to solve the problem.
Solution 1st: Disable Firewall:
The firewall is used to prevent unauthorized access to your computer documents and files. It is very important if you want your computer to be safe, protected from cybercrime and you don’t want your resources in the hands of a stranger.
Unfortunately, the firewall is not perfect or Windows defender firewall not working,can also harm your computer device most especially when you install another firewall program on it. There are better firewalls available for windows 10 and you are free to disable your firewall if you have another security program on your computer device performing the same functions.
Disabling your firewall is very easy and often takes less than 20 minutes. The step includes:
First, you need to press your start button to open your control panel. There are many ways to open your control panel but the best way is through your search bar. You only need to open your search bar and type control panel, your computer will display it on your screen.
2: Click on the control panel:
After your computer has displayed the control panel, you just have to click on it and you will see an option of control and security you need to click on it. Also, this option is only displayed by your “computer view by” option.
3: Click on the Windows Defender Firewall:
After clicking on the control and security options, it will take you to another page where you will find the Windows Defender Firewall options. Click on the option. This option is often written as a Windows Firewall depending on the type of computer you’re using.
4: Turn off Window Defender Firewall:
The Window Defender Firewall appears on your computer screen by the left. Click on it and press the disable option.
Solution 2nd: Restart your Computer:
We are all guilty of not shutting down or restarting our system as we ought to and it is very easy for us to put it on sleep mode when we are done using it for the day. However, restarting your computer at least once or twice a week is very essential. Although, we often feel it is time-consuming, restarting your computer makes it work smoothly and better. There are many ways to restart your computer depending on how it is running. Below are the different ways.
This is the standard way to restart your computer and you can use it by first closing all the apps of your system or by shutting down your system and then on it again. The process includes:
- Click on the start button in the lower-left corner on your computer screen and you can also use your keyboard to restart your computer by pressing the Windows key.
- Click the power icon.
- After clicking the power icon, it gives you the option of sleep, shut down, or restart.
- Choose the restart option.
2: Use the Ctrl+Alt+ delete to restart:
This method is used when you computer freezer and it only requires your keyboard.
- Press the Ctrl+Alt+ delete button simultaneously and it will take you to the Windows lock screen option.
- Search for the power icon on the lower right corner of your computer screen and click on it.
- Click on the restart from the option visible on your screen.
There is always a power button on your system and the location is dependent on the type of computer you are using. For laptop users, it is often located on the right or left side of your system and the vertical side if you are using a desktop. The process is listed below
- Locate the power button on your computer and press the button and hold it until your computer shut down.
- Wait until our computer screen becomes blank and its fan shuts off.
- Press and hold the power button again until it restarts.
Solution 3rd: Uninstall Non-McAfee LifeLock Security product
- Click on the control panel in the start menu
- Go to Programs and Features and click on it
- Go to McAfee security center, right-click and press uninstall.
Solution 4th: Use a Different Browser
- Open the browser you are using on your computer and type the web address of the browser you want to install.
- Look for the download link on the new browser. The download link is always on the homepage of the browser
- Download the installation file for the new browser you want to install. Save the file in your hard drive
- After downloading the file, close your browser.
- Search for the downloaded file on your hard drive and double our computer and click it.
- The files are often saved in the download folder on your computer.
- The installed file will install the new browser on your computer and you have to click finish when the file is completely installed.
- Open the start menu on your computer and click the your new browser to start the program
Solution 5th: Try To Resolve Issue with DNS:
Resolving our DNS is very important in every network application. Without these resolutions, it is very difficult to do anything that relates to networking on your computer because it will not work. DNS is an important element and here are to resolve every DNS issues
1: Check your network connection:
Many times when we go to the URL on our web browser and it fails to display a website, we often blame the DNS but the issue is often caused by your network connectivity. This often happens when you are using wireless networking on a laptop properly.
While using wireless security, its signal strength often fades which can lead to loss of network connection, therefore, make sure your Wifi is connected. And all other connections are connected right and plugged corrected. Your router should also be functioning and rightly plugged.
2: Restart your router
Off your router and wait for a while before turning it on again. Wait until the indicator light stops blinking before you connect to the back.
3: Run a malware scam
Sometimes, the presence of a virus may block the computer from accessing the internet. This is a bigger issue and you need to run a malware scan on your computer before connecting your IP address.
4: Check your IP address:
Do you have trouble accessing your website or a particular website? First, find out the source of the problem and make sure it is DNS and not the site itself.
- One of the ways to know is by issuing the ping command for your web address with the command prompt. If it gives a response, it means the site is working and the issue is your DNS.
- Check your IP address to be sure you have not changed it and try to input them manually.
- Go to your computer networking settings and click on manage network connections.
- You will find Local Area Connections Properties, click on both the IPv4 and IPv6 properties.
- Also, make sure each IPs are set to “obtain an IP address automatically” and “obtain DNS servers address automatically”.
5: Clear your DNS cache
DNS cache is where your computer stores networking information on recent visits and attempts to connect it with the web domain. The cache can be corrupted when inaccurate information is inside it therefore; you need to install McAfee from Safe Mode to clear it out. To achieve this, enter ipconfig/ flushdns into the command prompt. This allows the DNS cache to renew all the DNS information when you revisit a website.
6: Renew your domain name
Does your web address always redirect to a strange website while working? You don’t have to panic because everyone is guilty of it. This can happen when you forget to renew your domain name. In 2015, Google lost “google.com” briefly because they forgot to renew their domain name. The best thing to do when this happens is to quickly reach out to the registrar as they often wait between 20-30 days after a domain expires before selling it off.
Solution 6th: Install McAfee from Safe Mode:
- These are how you can install McAfee from Safe Mode.
- Sign in to the computer you can to configure Endpoint Protection on.
- Go to the settings button and click on it
- Select Change PC settings
- Click on “general” under the PC settings
- Choose Restart Now under Advanced Startup
- Click on “Troubleshoot” from the Choose an Option Screen
- Click on the “Startup Settings” and press “Restart”
- Select the “Safe Mode with Networking” when the computer restarts.
- Sign in to the computer and connect to the network. Then choose the same network that the McAfee Endpoint Server is connected to. This can be achieved by connecting an Ethernet cable to a router or any switch connected to the network depending on the type of network you are using.
- Sign in to the McAfee Endpoint server and open “McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager” from the list of available programs the computer network is running.
- Click on the machine group you want to configure Endpoint Protection for and choose “Create installation set”
- Select “Online and click “Next”
- Select your Endpoint server name from the Database Selection list.
- Browse to the Endpoint Encryption installation folder and click “Finish”
- Copy the content of the folder you choose in the above step to a storage media such as a network folder you have access to.
- Go back to the computer that is running in Safe Mode Networking and copy the installer file from the portable storage media to the computer. Then double click the installation file. The installer ends in EXE and the name varies based on the version you’re installing
- You also need to follow the guided prompts to install McAfee Endpoint protection.
- You will be asked to enter your valid user name and password to protect your account. You will also be asked to choose between full protection or protection of specific types of files and folders.
- If the installer has been pre-configured for your business, you may not have seen any prompts outside the login details. The entire configuration process is mainly automated and exact prompts will vary based on the settings used with the McAfee Endpoint server.
Solution 7th: Use McAfee Remove and Reinstall Tool:
- Download the MCPR tool.
- Double-click MCPR exe.
- If a security warning appears on your screen, click yes and continue. This also depends on the type of computer you are using.
- When you get to the McAfee Software Removal screen, click on the Next button which appears on the Security Validation screen.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1: Why is my McAfee not installing?
Your McAfee software is not installed because your computer might be infected with a virus. And if your computer is already infected with a virus, you won’t be able to install any kind of security software.
Q2: How can I install McAfee total protection on my Windows 10?
Here are few steps on how you can install McAfee total protection on your windows 10
- Go to setting and place your mouse on my account
- Click on Add Device next to your McAfee subscription
- Choose the device type
- Choose the type of McAfee product you want to install and click on download to download it.
Q3: Is it possible to McAfee Antivirus Won’t Install on Windows 10?
Although your Windows 10 is unable to run Total Protection apps or LiveSafe, it can run the McAfee Personal Security UWP app. The McAfee Personal Security can also be downloaded directly from the Microsoft store.
Q4: Why is antivirus not installing on my computer?
In most cases, antivirus does not install on your computer because your computer is corrupt. However, the problem can be fixed by running either an SFC or a DISM scan on your computer.
Q5: Is my Windows 10 protected from viruses?
Windows 10 comes with Windows Security which has the latest antivirus to protect your Windows. Your computer is protected from any kind of virus the moment you start using Windows 10 and Windows Security continues to scan your computer to detect any kind of security threats and viruses.
Final words: While following all the above troubleshooting steps you can fix the problem that how to fix McAfee Antivirus Won’t Install on Windows 10. Still, if it doesn’t resolve your issue then you can contact our expert team of technicians via chat and we surely help you in resolving this problem by delivering hassle-free solutions to you.